School Security Assessments
A unique, proprietary two-day live virtual training program to train law enforcement personnel and others how to conduct high quality School Security Assessments for public and private schools.
January 10-11, 2023 | 11am - 3pm ET each day
All registrants receive free copies of these ACPI's proprietary publications:
- School Security Assessment Template
- The Complete School Safety and Security Guide
Become a Certified School Security Assessment Specialist
Help Protect Our Nation's Future
There are approximately 130,000 public and private K-12 schools in the United States. Recent incidents of school violence have made the protection of these schools more vital than ever before. To help ensure the safety and security of our nation's schools, each should have a comprehensive security assessment or survey conducted by trained and certified school security assessment specialists.
This live virtual training program will provide the knowledge and skills to establish your credentials as a Certified School Security Assessment Specialist and enable you to:
- Be knowledgeable of the specific strategies and techniques to protect schools and students from weapons violence and other crimes.
- Be knowledgeable of effective ways to minimize crime risks and threats experienced by schools and their students and staff.
- Learn how to prioritize and implement physical and electronic security measures for schools.
Participants who successfully complete the online exam will achieve lifetime recognition as a Certified School Security Assessment Specialist by the American Crime Prevention Institute.
- The Need and Benefit of School Security Assessments
- What is a School Security Assessment?
- Determining School Security risks
- Determining School Security threats
- the 9-Step Security Survey Process
- Priorities for School Security
- Minimizing Human Error in the Prevention of School Violence
- School Visitor Access Control Management
- Security of School Perimeter Doors
- New Technology to Help Protect Schools
- Classroom Security Strategies
- The Role of School Security Coordinators
- The Role of School District Coordinators
- School / Law Enforcement Coordination and Collaboration
- The Role of School Security Liaison Law Enforcement Officers
- Communications Systems for Schools and First Responders
- The Use and Benefits of Video Surveillance in Schools
- Strategies for School Compartmentalization
- The Use of Glazing and Window Film in Schools
- School Emergency Locker
- Classroom Barricade Devices
- Metal Detectors and Weapons Detectors in Schools
- School Lock and Door Systems
- Electronic Access Control in Schools
- School Security-Related Liability Exposures
- School Lock-Down/Shelter-in-Place Exercises
- School Security & Incident Command System
- Design & Use of Safe Schools Plan
- Employment of CPTED for Schools
- 21st Century School Design
- Key Management for Schools
- Security for School Ancillary or Portable Campus Buildings
- School Evacuation Exercises
- Security of School Ground-Level Windows
- Developing Security Awareness and Mentality for School Staff
- Specially Designated and Designed School Safety Rooms
- The Role of the Behavioral Threat Assessment Team
- School Restroom Security
- School Security Assessment Template
Protecting Schools Requires a Comprehensive Approach
The physical security of schools is a matter of serious concern. Although schools are among the safest places youth can be, tragic incidents have caused parents, educators, law enforcement and government leaders to question their level of safety. Schools must constantly balance security measures with the need to create welcoming and nurturing environments while controlling costs under increasing budget sensitivity.
Simple Process. Extraordinary Value.
Programs of this nature typically cost thousands of dollars to attend, but we have worked to reduce the cost and disruption typically encountered when attending multi-day training as much as possible. We provide highly flexible registration options. Register for multiple courses or register a group for an additional discount (price will be updated automatically). If you are not able to pay by credit card, select 'Invoice' during checkout to request an invoice to pay offline (enrollment will be completed once final payment is received).
Single Course: $300
We understand it is not always possible for multiple people to attend.
Multiple Courses: $250
Receive an additional $50 discount if you register for multiple courses at once.
$250 / person
Register multiple people from the same organization for the greatest value.
Seminar participants will receive an exclusive School Security Assessment Guide and a comprehensive School Security Assessment Template. This proprietary School Security Assessment Template will guide you through the detailed steps and questions to conduct high quality school security assessments.
35+ Topic Areas
Online Community Forum
Who Should Attend?
Law Enforcement Personnel
School Resource Officers
Architects and Design Professionals
Dan brings more than 50 years of law enforcement and security experience. He has trained thousands of law enforcement personnel, security professionals and community planners from throughout the world in Crime Prevention and Community Engagement strategies and techniques. Dan founded ACPI in 1998 after retiring as the Director of Public Safety at the University of Louisville, where he served for 26 years. Previously he served as the Assistant Director of Security at Southern Illinois University and founder and CEO of Aegis Protection Group and Aegis Security Design, a security consulting and engineering firm. He holds B.S. and M.B.A. degrees from Southern Illinois University and is a graduate of the FBI National Academy and the Southern Police Institute.
The protection of school children, staff and visitors is of vital importance. Schools should employ appropriate security measures to ensure the highest level of safety and security possible."
Sign up here to periodically receive news, tips and other information about crime prevention and security. We promise not to overload your inbox, and we will never, ever share your contact information.
Which format is right for you?
Join our newsletter!